All examinations should be scheduled in advance when possible to minimize patient wait times and allow us to promptly treat your patients. Same day walk-in studies are acceptable, but please note that wait times for walk-in’s are subject to schedule availability and insurance verification.
To streamline the registration process and minimize your time on the phone here are some important steps when calling for an appointment:
- Find out before hand if the patient’s insurance policy or plan requires a pre-cert/authorization or a referral. If so, contact the insurance company to obtain one.
- Provide Hoboken Radiology with complete insurance information, including a copy of the insurance card, name and address of plan or insurer(s), name and address of your claims payer (if different from insurer), ID and group numbers, and the name of the policyholder or subscriber if different from patient.
Things to remember when scheduling your exam:
- Notify our staff as well as your physician if there is any chance that you may be pregnant or are currently breastfeeding.
- Advise us of special circumstances such as physical limitations, significant medical conditions and allergies.
- It is important that you notify our staff of any previous exams ( such as PET, MRI, CT, Ultrasound, Bone Density, X-ray, Biopsy, etc.) , where they were performed, and provide a copy of previous reports and films if possible.
- A cancellation notice of at least 24 hours is required.